There is a lot of debate surrounding socks and crocs. Some people swear by the combo, while others think it’s a fashion faux pas.
So, what’s the verdict? Do you wear socks with crocs?
Well, wonder no more. In this article, we will answer all your burning questions about socks and Crocs. We will explore all the pros and cons of wearing socks with Crocs. In the end, we will also list some socks that go well with Crocs.
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to make a well-informed decision about whether or not you should wear socks with Crocs.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Can You Wear Socks With Crocs
The short answer is yes; you can wear socks with Crocs. There is no rule that says you cannot or should not do so. In fact, Crocs have a roomy toe box that can accommodate socks quite easily.
Moreover, Crocs manufactures and sells socks to be worn with its shoes. You can find these socks in a variety of colors and patterns.
That being said, because you can wear socks with Crocs does not necessarily mean you should do so. It really depends on the situation and what your personal preferences are. We will explore some of those factors in more detail later on.
Ultimately, what matters most is that you are comfortable and feel good in what you’re wearing.
Benefits of Wearing Socks With Crocs
Personal preference is a factor when considering whether to wear socks with Crocs. However, there are also some practical reasons to do so. Let’s take a look at some benefits of wearing socks with Crocs –
- It prevents liquids and other objects from getting into direct content with the skin. This is especially important for people working in a hospital, laboratory, or food beverage industry.
- It keeps your feet warm in cold weather conditions.
- It prevents blisters and chafing.
- It protects your feet from sunburn and tanning.
- It helps absorb sweat and keeps your feet dry.
- It prevents dirt and grit from getting into the Crocs and causing discomfort.
Drawbacks of Wearing Socks and Crocs Together
Now that we’ve looked at some benefits of wearing socks with Crocs let’s explore some potential drawbacks. Here are some reasons why you might not want to wear socks with Crocs –
- It can make your feet look and feel bulky.
- Socks can make your feet sweat more than usual.
- Wearing socks with Crocs can cause the shoes to smell bad because of sweat and bacteria build-up.
- Socks and Croc’s footbed can slip and slide around on each other, making it difficult to walk.
- Crocs do not come in half size. If your Crocs are already a bit small for you, then wearing socks will make the fit even tighter. But if you must wear socks then consider stretching your Crocs.
Crocs Built-In With Socks
In 2018, Alife, a New York City activewear brand, collaborated with Crocs to create a pair of clogs with built-in socks. The shoes were called the “Alife Crocs Sport,” and they were available in only white color.
These are basically Crocs with socks attached to the shoe opening. The built-in socks are not removable. However, the socks do not cover the entire foot. As a result, it leaves your foot exposed to small holes on the upper. Also, cleaning these shoes can be a bit of a hassle.
Alfie states that the purpose of the built-in sock Crocs was to revive the 1970s trend of wearing socks with sandals. Long story short, Alfie was convinced that consumers would appreciate their built-in sock.
Alife Crocs Sport costs $140 and is available for purchase on Alife’s website.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Socks to Wear With Crocs
Choosing the appropriate socks is just as important as deciding whether or not you want to wear them with Crocs in the first place. Wearing any socks at random can seriously affect your entire appearance and experience.
When selecting the socks to wear with your Crocs, keep the following factors in mind –
- Material – Socks should be made of breathable materials such as cotton. This will keep your feet cool and prevent sweat build-up.
- Comfort – Socks should be comfortable to wear. They should not be too tight or too loose. Socks should fit snugly around your foot.
- Waterproof – If you are going to wear your Crocs in wet conditions, choose waterproof socks. This will avoid accidental slippage and keep your feet dry.
- Style – The style of the sock should complement the style of the Croc. If you are wearing a casual Croc, choose a casual sock. If you are wearing a dressy Croc, select a dressier sock.
Best Socks To Wear With Crocs
Now that we’ve considered some factors when purchasing socks to wear with Crocs let’s explore some of the best options available on the market.
Here are our top picks for the best socks to wear with Crocs –
- Randy Sun Socks – Amazon
- ZeroSock Bamboo Toe Capper Socks With Grip – Amazon
- Dickies Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks – Amazon
- Dr. Scholl’s Soothing Spa Low Cut Lavender + Vitamin E Socks – Amazon
- Saucony Performance Heel Tab Athletic Socks – Amazon
- Adidas No-Show Socks – Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Crocs Comfortable Without Socks?
Yes, Crocs are comfortable without socks. In fact, many people prefer not to wear socks with Crocs because they find the shoes more comfortable that way.
When Should You Not Wear Socks With Crocs?
You should not wear socks with Crocs if you are going to be in one of the following situations.
- You will be in a hot or humid environment.
- You have a foot condition that requires air circulation.
- If your feet sweat a lot.
Are Crocs and Socks Cool?
Yes, wearing Crocs and socks is cool. In fact, it is one of the newest trends. Celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Post Malone, Tierra Whack, and Ariana Grande have been spotted wearing Crocs with socks (Source).
Do You Wear Socks With Crocs Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz is a slip-on loafer made by Crocs. So, yes, you can wear socks with Santa Cruz.
Do You Wear Socks With Crocs Literide?
Yes, you can wear socks with Crocs Literide. Just make sure to choose a comfortable sock that won’t slip.
So, Should You Wear Socks With Crocs – The Final Verdict
Wearing socks with Crocs is a personal preference. There are no hard and fast rules.
If you are comfortable wearing Crocs without socks, then don’t feel like you have to wear them. However, if you want to wear socks with Crocs, go for it. Just make sure to select the right pair of socks.
In the end, it doesn’t really matter whether you choose to wear socks with Crocs or not. The important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your footwear.
Find perfectly fitting Crocs with our blog “Do Crocs Run Big or Small.”
So, what do you think? Do you wear socks with Crocs, or do you prefer to go sockless? Let us know in the comments below.